Oil and Gas Attorneys
As oil and gas attorneys, we understand that for businesses operating in this industry, the stakes are high. Financial risks are seemingly unavoidable with constant changes to regulations that must be complied with and small legal disputes that can evolve into protracted litigation. Businesses of all types in the oil and gas industry must constantly manage various unique, complex, and often obscure legal issues that – if mismanaged – could result in large financial losses.
Oil and Gas Experience
The oil and gas attorneys at Adair Myers Stevenson Yagi have a deep and long history working for oil and gas clients throughout Houston and surrounding areas. Our experience and depth of knowledge in both the oil and gas industry and the relevant laws governing this industry allows our smaller and medium sized clients to get the same level of legal services and representation as their larger competitors, all while remaining cost-effective. And while our attorneys understand the legal and business challenges confronting the oil and gas sector, we prioritize learning about your specific business and its long-term goals, experience in the energy sector, and overall company philosophy.
For more than 40 years, our attorneys have provided adept legal representation to energy clients, including in high stakes, complex oil and gas litigation. By partnering with the oil and gas lawyers at Adair Myers Stevenson Yagi, who not only understand energy law but also share a business industry and business law perspective, you can effectively protect your interests.
Our attorneys have experience with matters relating to:
- Oil, gas, and petroleum production
- Natural gas production
- Condensate production
- Mineral rights
- Land titles
- Pipeline easements
- Property rights
- Lease agreements and disputes
- Lease negotiations
- Royalty disputes
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Environmental regulation
- National and international distributor and sales representative agreements
- Land use approvals
- Real estate
- International operations
Oil and Gas Representative Matters
Over the years, we have represented many oil and gas companies both locally and abroad, in issues involving the extraction, production, trade, and transportation of petroleum, natural gas, and their respective products, including:
- The representation of a fuel mixer and broker in a contract dispute with a supplier over the specifications and quality of the materials being purchased. After protracted litigation, our firm was able to successfully negotiate a favorable settlement for our client at mediation.
- The representation of a defendant in a suit involving an alleged breach of a non-circumvention agreement related to the purchase of an oilfield equipment manufacturing company. After protracted litigation, we were able to negotiate a favorable settlement.
- The successful collection of one hundred percent of an unpaid debt for a client who had done work under a verbal contract to repair a drill pipe after being tested for microfissures.
- The successful defense of a client in a major unfair trade practices lawsuit and the successful prosecution of and collection in various related matters.
- The successful representation of a client in a complex patent infringement case against a nationally known oilfield equipment company. We were able to negotiate and obtain a lucrative licensing agreement for our client.
- Drafting distributor and sales representative agreements used around the world, including drafting policies and procedures as well as terms and conditions.
- Advising clients on issues regarding oil and gas leases, surface use agreement title issues, complex estate planning, and more.
- Representing large Texas landowners with regard to both surface and subsurface matters, including successfully collecting significant amounts out of bankruptcy for service company clients.
Oil and Gas Disputes
There are numerous opportunities for disputes to arise when drilling for and extracting oil and gas that could give rise to litigation. For instance, a common lease dispute can easily have a number of complex issues that need to be resolved between working interest owners and the duties they are legally bound to, including royalty disputes between land owners and oil and gas companies that disrupt both royalties and production, eminent domain disputes, and joint operating agreement disputes.
At Adair Myers Stevenson Yagi, as often as possible, we aim to resolve energy industry issues through negotiations and settlements in order to help clients avoid costly lawsuits that could also potentially damage long term, valuable business or financial relationships. When you partner with our law firm, we take into account the long-term impacts litigation can have on your business, and work to find the best solution for your individual business and legal situation.
Oil and Gas Litigation
We do, however, know that not all disputes can be resolved without litigation. Our attorneys are seasoned litigators who have obtained many successful outcomes for our clients through arbitration, mediation, and in court. As such, when traditional negotiations and alternative dispute resolution methods fail, our lawyers are prepared to immediately head to court to litigate your case – you will not be passed off to another firm; our team will handle your matter from initial consultation through matter resolution.
Houston Oil and Gas Lawyers
The oil and gas industry is deeply embedded into the Houston economy. With the complexity of the law and the high financial risks involved, seeking legal assistance for all business matters related to oil and gas is both practical and prudent. And for more than 40 years, our attorneys have provided advice to independent and major oil companies, service companies, pipeline companies, and large Texas landowners regarding their local, regional, national, and international affairs.
We take pride in developing direct relationships with our clients and becoming a trusted and reliable legal partner capable of addressing the issues our oil and gas clients face in the industry. When you need the efficiency and hands on guidance of a small firm with the high caliber services of a large one, Adair Myers Stevenson Yagi invites you to contact us with your business legal matters.